Working at NBFA
NBFA is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workplace, and as such we respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes of all our stakeholders: employees, students, families, and members of its Board of Directors.
NBFA employees thrive in a collaborative environment of thoughtful, self-reflective professionals on a mission to change the life outcomes of Bridgeport youth by helping to close the nefarious achievement gap.
If you want to be part of a team committed to ensuring outstanding life outcomes for urban students, consider joining NBFA.
NBFA offers a full array of benefits, including:
• Friendly work environment
• Medical and dental plan (generous portion of employee premium paid by NBFA)
• Life & AD&D, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Teacher Retirement Benefits
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Paid national holidays (13) and the school closes on the last week of the year
• Personal days (3) each year
• Vacation and sick leave (per collective bargaining agreement for certified teachers)
Application and Hiring Process
While the characteristics of the hiring process vary on a case by case basis, the information below provides a general overview.
Step One: Fill out the online application and writing sample or email resume to email@example.com
Step Two: Phone Interview - Selected applicants will participate in a phone interview with a human resources staff member. We will focus on your previous experience and the content of your application.
Step Three: In-Person Interview(s) and/or Guest Lesson
- Non-Teaching Candidates: After the phone interview, some applicants will be invited for in-person interview(s) with the hiring team.
- Teaching Candidates: After the phone interview, some applicants will be invited to an in-person interview with the hiring team. You will lead an engaging, student-directed demo lesson with a prepared aim and agenda, mini-lesson, guided practice, independent practice and "exit ticket" or assessment. We will focus on your classroom management strategies, your content knowledge, lesson delivery and your ability to relate to our students. After the lesson, you will reflect on the experience with the hiring team.
Step Four: Reference Check - A member of our HR team will contact your references.