Dear NBFA Families,
We have some exciting news to share with you as we come to the closing of this academic school year! NBFA will host an end of the year students and families farewell motorcade. We are inviting every NBFA student with their families to come in decked out automobiles to a staff-lined street of teachers, social workers, instructional assistants, office assistants, interventionists, and administrators who will be holding up banners, waving goodbye and cheering on our graduates! Graduates are invited to come in their caps and gowns, so that they can be especially recognized by their current and past teachers.
In an effort to maintain social distance regulations, staff members will be masked and staggered approximately 6 feet apart along Couse and Garden Street. Families, likewise, are asked to maintain social distance practices by remaining in their automobiles and refraining from coming in contact with staff members.
This celebration will start at the intersection of Blackrock Avenue and Couse Street. In order for this event to be seamless, please do the following if you plan on attending:
- Enter Blackrock Avenue from Iranistan Street facing Park Avenue. ( Do not enter Black rock Avenue from Park Avenue!) For ease of access, families coming from Park Avenue should take a right onto Garden Street, then a right onto Iranistan and the first right onto Blackrock.
- Drive towards the intersection of Blackrock and Couse and stop when promoted or when behind an idile car with flashing hazard lights.
- Each car that is parked and participating in the motorcade should have their hazard lights on inorder to indicate that they are next in line.
- Once the motorcade begins to move, do not stop.
- Drivers are expected to accelerate at a crawl.
- The procession will head in one direction along the right side of Couse and Garden. ( All cars will turn right on Garden, which will be the end of the motorcade route.)
Again we look forward to celebrating the end of the year with our NBFA families! Though Covid came and abruptly interrupted our routines and practices, we cannot allow the school year to end without an in person and impassioned farewell.
Therefore, please do us the honor of joining for NBFA’s End-of-the-Year Motorcade Celebration on Wednesday, June 17 at 1:30 PMstarting at the intersection of Blackrock Avenue and Couse Street!
The Leadership Team